Where and What We Fund
BBF only provides funding to organizations operating in Indiana. Historically, the vast majority of BBF funding has been targeted to organizations in East Central Indiana with a particular emphasis in the Muncie/Delaware County area. Other counties included in the geographical footprint are: Blackford County, Grant County, Henry county, Jay County, Madison County, and Randolph County. Some limited exceptions are occasionally made outside these areas. While organizations outside the Muncie/East Central Indiana area are welcome to apply for support, please be aware that funding for organizations outside this footprint is rare.
The Foundation prefers to provide funding for:
- Capacity-building initiatives that strengthen an organization’s ability to achieve greater performance and impact, such as through strategic planning, board development, collaboration, communications, professional development, and operational improvements
- Innovative approaches for addressing traditional or emerging community needs that result in long-term, systematic, sustained solutions that consider the use of community impact models and result in measurable outcomes
- Specific Program/Project initiatives or endeavors
- General operating support
- Seed money to help launch new programs, projects or initiatives